Like the humans who love them, dogs require a high-quality diet for optimal quality of life. This is why owners must act immediately when something goes wrong. In December 2018, Sunshine Mills, which produces dry dog food under several brand names, voluntarily issued a recall when some of the formulas were found to have elevated levels of vitamin D.
Recalled Product List
The recalled product list includes both puppy and adult foods with expiration dates from November 1 to November 8, 2019.
• Triumph® Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 30-pound bag, UPC #0-73657-00875-0
• Triumph® Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 16-pound bag, UPC #0-73657-00874-3
• Triumph® Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 3.5-pound bag, UPC #0-73657-00873-6
• Sportsman’s Pride® Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food, 40-pound bag, UPC #0-70155-10564-0
• Sportsman’s Pride® Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food, 40-pound bag, UPC #0-70155-10566-0
• Evolve® Chicken & Rice Puppy Dry Dog Food Bag, 28-pound bag, UPC #0-73657-00863-7
• Evolve® Chicken & Rice Puppy Dry Dog Food Bag, 14-pound bag, UPC #0-73657-00862-0
Anyone who has purchased the foods on the list should not feed it to their pet or stop doing so immediately. Owners should contact Sunshine Mills directly by email at [email protected] or by calling 800-705-2111 to receive a full refund. The company’s hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday.
Why Elevated Vitamin D is Bad for Dogs
While vitamin D in itself is not harmful to dogs, it causes health problems when it is ingested at a high level. Dogs may vomit, start losing weight, drool excessively, drink large quantities of water and have frequent urination. This is because elevated vitamin D levels can cause the kidneys to not work properly. Those who own dogs that have eaten the foods on the recall list should contact their vet immediately, especially if the pets are exhibiting any signs of illness.
Primary Ingredients in Quality Dry Dog Food
Not all dog foods are the same, and price is not always an indication of quality. Ingredients that should always be avoided are:
• Meat and poultry by-products
• Generic sources of fat
• Artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives
• Artificial sweeteners
Good ingredients for both food and treats include the following:
• Specific animal protein
• Whole grains, fruits, and vegetables
• Healthy fats from named sources
• An expiration date that is at least six to 12 months into the future to ensure freshness
Dogs are family members, and they should be fed the very best foods to help them live long and happy lives. Checking the ingredient list in the store can save time, money and possibly a life.
Author Bio: Paige Jirsa– I work with Top10.Today, a shopping comparison site, where we strive to help consumers find the best quality and priced product.
Incoming search terms:
- alman kurt köpeği
- alman kurt köpekleri
- крупно овчарка немецкая чепрачная
- собаки фото овчарки